The Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth, Third Edition is an understandable and down-to-earth guide to all things Catholic. This book is an eye-opener and a page-turner, whether you are brushing up on specific Catholic terms and concepts or learning them for the first time.
The interactive book includes all-of-the content original to the print version with the addition of an interactive functionality that will speak to the student in ways previously unavailable to print-only users. Students will have the ability, through the hyperlinks and interactive content in the book, to engage with the content to enhance their understanding of the teachings.
Additional interactive features! Each section now includes embedded teacher videos. These videos provide a basic overview of the content and also a personal story that connects to the key understandings from the section.
• Bold vocabulary words that, when tapped, show the glossary definition
• Hyperlinks to primary sources cited or referenced in the text, including
-Catechism of the Catholic Church
-Vatican Council II, papal, and bishops’ documents
-Lives of the saints
• Image galleries: Each image has a caption that explains the image’s origin and/or its connection to the main text.
• PowerPoint presentations: These presentations explain or further investigate a term or concept from the main text.
• Interactive reflection questions: This feature will allow students to journal and explore the deeper understandings in the chapter.
• Videos: Videos explain a key concept in the main text or provide an example of how to live the message contained in the main text. Videos are linked from YouTube and require an internet connection to view.
• Interactive quizzes: At the end of each part there is an 8-question multiple choice quiz that is self-scoring, offering the student immediate feedback